Sunday, July 20, 2014

#779 time to reconsider

Are those who are anal about time missing out on too much?



I think about the time I "waste" by being early.  On-time for me often means arriving first at a meeting and then waiting for the others to arrive.  Is there a better use of my time?



I am always at the airport -- even ours with its one gate -- in plenty of time to do screening and make the flight.  What else could I have done besides sit in the boarding area?



A few years ago I piggybacked with my sister and joined her at a conference.  She went to a keynote until 5pm and then caught a 6:15 flight.  I, on the other hand, was at the airport at 12:30 instead of the beach for a 3pm flight.  Am I the crazy one or is she?



Those who are on time are often left waiting for those who are "time challenged".  I wonder who is making the best use of their time.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment