Friday, August 31, 2012

#91 a sound brand

It's rare that I am "wow-ed" during a service experience, but I was yesterday.  For the last six years I have been impressed with my Bose SoundDock, so when I broke it last weekend, I knew I would replace it.

From the moment I dialed the number at Bose, the tone was different than most calls.  A man with a radio-quality voice welcomed me and said "to continue our tradition of service excellence, this call may be monitored."  There was no wait.  The phone tree had two choices and then a very helpful man answered.

Long story as to why, but unfortunately I was one of those complicated callers.  I had to change the order.  I changed my email address twice.  I changed credit cards.  I changed colors.  I changed the shipping address.  And never once did he get annoyed.  "Not a problem, Miss" was his favorite line.

Bose sent me a pre-paid UPS label to ship my broken dock back to them, and as soon as the tracking number hits the system that it is en route, a brand new one (at the same price as a repair) will be sent to me.  How many service enterprises have that level of trust?

Yesterday, they did continue their tradition of service excellence and made me wonder what my organization could learn from the experience.   There was no delay.  There was no informal language like "ok"; the manners were as impeccable as the service.  They seemed happy to try and please me even when I requested multiple changes and had complications outside of the norm.  

My experience exemplified the Bose brand of delivering their "acclaimed performance" -- in product and service.  If someone called your organization, would they leave feeling the same way?

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com


(Call for yourself:  888-581-2073)

No comments:

Post a Comment